Stagecoach is one of the UK’s largest bus operators, employing 20,000 staff and transporting more than three million passengers per day.
- To encourage non or infrequent bus users onto key bus routes in the North East.
- To identify catchment areas of potential new customers.
- To target all potential bus-users with a free ticket offer.
- To achieve an 8% response rate.
- To use multiple Open Data sources to create an accurate customer profile.
- To identify 100,000 households on established bus routes within 400m of a bus stop.
- To design a hyper-personalised marketing package.
- To execute the campaign via direct mail.
- 24% response – three times the client target (and more than seven times the standard response rate according to the Direct Marketing Association).
- 23,985 new ‘cash buyer’ travellers identified.
- 4,165 passengers added to the email database for future promotions.
The direct mail delivers all the relevant information in a clear and practical format, including details of routes, times and a map highlighting the most convenient local bus stop.
The free bus ticket offer was incorporated into the mailer to add an effective and user-friendly call to action.
A successful example of how Hippo’s data-driven marketing can put bums in seats and your business moving in the right direction.