Stagecoach South East, an operating company of Stagecoach UK Bus, approached us after the success of our direct mail campaign for the North East region.
- Drive bus users onto key routes into Exeter City Centre, for Christmas shopping.
- Using Open Data sources and our specialist algorithms to create a customer profile to identify households likely to use a bus, within 400m of a specific bus route and bus stop and target them through hyper personalised direct mail.
- 9,748 households
- 7 bus routes
- Using advanced mapping techniques, specific data analysis ensures each household receives the correct information for their nearest bus stop. If routes overlap at a particular bus stop, the information for all relevant buses will be shown.
- QR codes are added to each travel voucher. These are scanned on return and can be mapped to show which households redeemed them.
- 23% response rate from redemption of the ticket
- 2,236 newly identified cash buyer customers
- 1,935 new customer email addresses acquired
The direct mail delivers all the relevant information in a clear and practical format, including details of routes, times and a map highlighting the most convenient local bus stop.
A free bus ticket and 10% off online was incorporated into the mailer to add an effective and user-friendly call to action.